Tuesday 22 May 2007

Rattle Rattle...

Mid-life and identity crisis...two very different forms of a situation that can arise perpetually in any person's life. Well they come uninvited and sit just right next to you on a bench atop a mountain that looks down on a sea...u don't want it there with you but it sticks like it just doesn't have anywhere else to go...

I write and I write and then I erase
Thoughts are cramped, feelings mixed
Want to publish a book, each page a chapter.
-x-x-x-xx-x-x-x-x-x-x--x-xx-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-xx

To wade through a sea of wails
Stand on the beach and teach whales how to smile
To hold a tender body close
Read a mind better than myself
Sleep in a heart made of red and pink feathers and a bit of flesh
Sit on a bench and let the world just BE...
I dream yet again...
Will I ?
-x-x-x-x--x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-xx--x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

4 comments:

Sh'shank said...

Umm See the point is what exactly is intellectual?
I could never figure out...
Mid life crisis?
How?
Umm that usually happens at 35 or 40...
hmmm
and Pringle, you couldnt have written a more connotive poem...
Phew!!!
WOah!!! Get get over it...
Poof!!

Anupam said...

Well, I kinda get your point. It happens with most of us, in fact to all of us. Some keep it under wraps. And those who don't either crib and wail about it or take it sportingly.

I have faced similar times. It's kind of an identity crisis. You don't know who you are and what you are doing. You hadn't planned things the way they are going, yet you helplessly stand aside and let things just be, hoping that like everything else this too will pass. Whether you take initiative to make the change or simply wait for it to change by itself is another thing, what matters is that you firstly accept, then hope, then wait and finally emerge the winner.

That's how I look at things. That's what I have been doing ever since I realized that this is perhaps the best possible way out.

Pavitra said...

Damn proud of you for doing that job...I completely understand the plateau...a lesson with every moment...its harder to wait for the better things in life patiently when doing the exact opposite than while not having it tough at all. :)

You will...make whale smile and sit in a pink heart...you dreamt it...just reach out and pluck it out now. :)

D said...

Hey...i was a waiter once. I was working at an airport lounge , where people didn't have time for themselves. I was then 19...and I enjoyed working there, in spite of some people treating me as dirt. And honestly, today now when I'm 25, working in this big respected ofc (at least for outsiders)...all I rem is that I should never treat other waiters badly and make it a pt to correct all those people who've never undergone this..so its good you enjoy what you doing...after all as you said "Don't know how long it will last."